Build your future with Sovos.
If you are looking for an opportunity where career-minded professionals can achieve success while bringing their best and whole selves to work each day, Sovos may be the company you have been looking for. Employees at Sovos operate on the leading edge of digital technology while working to improve lives and the communities in which we live and work. When we say Solve Tax for Good, we mean For Good in every sense of the word. Our organizational commitment is to provide a place where employees can thrive and progress in their careers while having the support behind them that only a global company can offer.
Sound like this might be the opportunity you have been looking for?
Take a look at our career posting below. Don’t check all the boxes? Apply anyway! We are focused on hiring the right people, not the “right” resume.
It’s not about what you have done somewhere else, it’s all about what you are capable of doing here.
The Work You’ll Do:
A Software Engineer applies a systematic approach to the development, delivery, maintenance, and operation of software products and services. This role will work with others across the business to understand customer needs and develop high value solutions. Software Engineers are accountable for the design and implementation of solutions that meet software functional and non-functional requirements and adhere to established development standards. Throughout the lifecycle, the Software Engineer is a consultant to others in their area(s) of expertise and they continually develop skills relevant to their role.
More specifically, you will:
- Competent in SDLC and an active participant in all major activities (Planning, Stand Up, Story Time, etc.)
- Develop skills using TDD and CI practices
- Function competently as an individual contributor, completing relatively small tasks independently
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Product Owners, Development
- Managers, Quality Assurance, Experience Design, and other technical staff to refine requirements and designs
- Participate on cross functional teams to deliver solutions from the point of inception through customer delivery
- Improve processes, standards and practices
- Work as a team member and with more senior developers on complex stories & tasks
- Pair program effectively with more junior & senior developers
- Develop programs consistent with Sovos coding standards & conventions
- Build skill in at least one specific technical expertise (Database, SAP, Web Development, etc.)
- Competent in at least one Sovos application
- Find and update relevant documentation when developing
- Able to triage and resolve simple engineering escalations
- Work with other team members to solve complex problems
- Capable of troubleshooting issues & bugs within their application of expertise
What We Need From You:
- Minimum 6-12 months of work experience
- Desirable one or more knowledge with the following technologies; SQL, Net Core & Net Framework &C #, Test unit in Net Technologies, Microservices patterns, IIS & Web Development in Net-technologies, TEam City and Azure Devops.
- Advance level of English
Sovos was built to solve the complexities of the digital transformation of tax, with complete, connected offerings for tax determination, continuous transaction controls, tax reporting and more. Sovos customers include half the Fortune 500, as well as businesses of every size operating in more than 70 countries. The company’s SaaS products and proprietary Sovos S1 Platform integrate with a wide variety of business applications and government compliance processes. Sovos has employees throughout the Americas and Europe, and is owned by Hg and TA Associates. For more information visit www.sovos.com and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
What Does Sovos Offer You?
The tools to grow your career both personally and professionally:
- Mentoring Programs
- Management Bootcamps and Development Trainings
- Yearly performance reviews where compensation and performance are assessed and rewarded generously
- Clear paths for growth within our roles (but we know that career development can be like a spider web, not a ladder - we give you the tools to move outside of your career as well!)
Sovos is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing an environment that celebrates diversity and where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate against race, color, religions, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic provided by law. At Sovos, all employees are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work.